I follow along with the words, my eyes skimming the page. Now and then, I feel a twinge of familiarity, a phrase of singular penetration that strikes at the heart. And I cringe. My own nature twists below the facade of so-called normality. If they only knew who I really am. All of them, yet none of them do. Would they be appalled? Excited? I dare not find out.
Greed, sloth, anger, gluttony, envy, pride. The course of any other of the deadly sins is easier to chart than that of lust. For lust is as a mirror to your soul. Until you know who you are, you cannot know whom you will desire.
-- Poison
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
...and again, we share those similar thoughts.
If when I go, will they all know then?
What will bring it out? who will say it?
It stops me at times to think, but then, will I care or even know myself, if I'm not there?
She told me that too, 'I won't care if I'm gone.'
Nice
Until you know who you are, you cannot know whom you will desire.
How true.
Thank you for sharing that.
As long as you're not Hannibal Lechter, I think they'll be ok.
Any plans to return to writing here?
As long as you're not Hannibal Lechter, I think they'll be ok.
Any plans to return to writing here?
Post a Comment